Public Architect Services
Public buildings are integral in the long-term wellbeing and success of communities.
That’s why we ensure your public architecture and design project is done on time, within budget, and beyond expectations.
SSP has over 130 years of experience in public architecture. Our services encompass the full lifecycle of your civic facility, from initial design concept, to long-term maintenance and quality assurance, and all points in between.
Our Public Architectural Services Include
Public Architect of Record
As your licensed Architect of Record (AOR), we work with you to define your community’s needs, create designs to meet and exceed those needs, and oversee the construction or renovation of your facility. Through our Public AOR services, our team can:
- Prepare architectural design and construction documents
- Help you obtain permits and approvals
- Conduct facilities planning
- Create designs for sustainability goals and environmental requirements
- Prepare grant proposals and supporting design documents
- Update your LRFP for NJ regulatory offices
Design & Construction Administration
Our work isn’t done when we deliver your blueprints. Our team can stay involved throughout the construction process to assist contractors, solve problems, and ensure the delivery of a high-quality finished facility.
SSP’s Design & Construction Administration services include:
- Construction project design review
- Selection of contractors
- Construction project management services
- Supervision of regulatory compliance
- Final building review and quality assurance
Our experts will provide you with a complete inspection and report on all essential aspects of your public facility. Our Public Facilities Assessment services include:
- Exterior and interior structural assessment
- Walls, floors, ceilings, roof, doors, and windows
- Plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems
- Land surveying services
- And more
Through this assessment, our team can provide:
- Regulatory compliance audits
- Documentation for regulatory agencies
- Assessment of costs for any repairs or renovation
- And more
Long Range Facilities Planning
Long range facilities plans (LRFPs) are a requirement every five years. But approached the right way, your LRFP is also an opportunity to take a step back and create a plan for your school’s future success. SSP’s Long Range Facilities Planning services include:
- Facilities Condition Assessment
- Assessment of how your facility serves curricular and community needs
- Provision of design concepts to better meet curricular and community needs
- Cost analysis and budgeting for maintenance needs and building improvements
- Technical Design Guidelines on specifications for materials, design implementation, and construction
Whether you’re designing a new civic space or renovating an old institution, interior design is an opportunity to enhance the value you provide to your community. We provide interior design services for all kinds of public buildings, including:
- Community centers
- Town, county, and state offices
- First-responder facilities (police, fire, EMT)
- Recreation centers at public parks
We’re Public Architects – Let’s Create Lasting Value in Your Community
Our work in civic & community architecture and design speaks for itself. With a highly skilled team and over a century of experience as public architects, we understand the importance of this work and possess the skill set to match it.
At SSP, we partner with you — combining our expertise with your knowledge of your community’s needs — to create and maintain public buildings that last for generations. If you are also looking for a commercial architect, SSP Architects can help as well.